The Pre-Owned 2006 Australian Lunar Dog 1/2oz Gold Coin celebrates the Year of the Dog, one of 12 animals associated with the ancient Chinese lunar calendar. The coin features a proud dog standing on a patch of grass.
The design also incorporates the Chinese character for ‘Dog’.
The coin's obverse depicts Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the year-date, weight, fineness and the monetary denomination.
- Each coin weighs 15.55g and is 999.9 Fine Gold
- Minted by The Perth Mint, Australia.
- These coins are VAT Free.
- Finished to bullion standard.
- Dimensions: Diameter: 30.60mm. Thickness: 1.90mm.
The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar Dog include 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018, 2030. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be loyal, honest, kind, cautious and prudent.
The images show the type of coin you will receive, not the exact item.