The Pre-Owned Pre 2013 UK Britannia 1/10oz Gold Coin features different designs depending on the year of the coin. All of the reverse designs will show Britannia herself. The coin's obverse depicts Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination of £10.
- Weighs 3.41g and is struck in 916.7 (22ct) fine gold.
- Minted by The Royal Mint in Llantrisant, South Wales.
- VAT Free and Capital Gains Tax exempt.
- Struck to bullion finish.
- Diameter: 16.50mm, Thickness: 1.17 mm.
- Coin dates range between 1987 and 2012.
Britannia Gold coins are British bullion coins issued by The Royal Mint since 1987. Only The Royal Mint has the trademark to produce genuine Britannia coins. Britannia is the feminine personification of Britain, she is renowned for her beauty and over time, has become an enduring icon that has been used in the UK for 2,000 years.
Up until 2013 Gold Britannia coins were produced in 22ct (0.9167), the non-gold component being copper until 1989 and silver from 1990. As of 2013, Britannia gold coins have been produced in Fine Gold.
The photograph shows the type of coin you will receive, not the exact item. Pre-owned coins are selected from those currently available in stock and as such we cannot specify which date you will receive.