The Pre-Owned 2015 UK Lunar Sheep 1/4oz Gold Coin was the second coin in the The Royal Mint's Shēngxiào Collection. The design on the reverse of the coin features two sheep, to signify friendship and family. Inscribed upon the coin is 'YEAR OF THE SHEEP. 2015', detailed upon this side of the coin is the weight and fineness. The Chinese symbol for sheep also appears in the design.
The coin's obverse depicts a portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination of £25.
- Each coin weighs 7.775g and is 999.9 Fine Gold.
- Minted by The Royal Mint in Llantrisant, South Wales.
- VAT Free and Capital Gains Tax Exempt.
- Each coin is struck to bullion standard.
- Dimensions: Diameter: 22.00mm Thickness: 1.63mm.
The Lunar Sheep coin was the second coin in the The Royal Mint's Shēngxiào Collection. The Sheep is the eighth animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac.
In Chinese culture, those who are born under the influence of this sign are said to be calm, gentle, creative, thoughtful and preserving.
The photographs show the type of coin you will receive, not the exact item.