The Pre-Owned 2002 UK Full Gold Sovereign features an alternative 'Shield' design for this year only, to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's Golden Jubilee year. The year of the coin also features below.
The obverse of the coin bears a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Weighs 7.98g and is struck in 22ct gold, equalling 7.32g of fine gold content.
- Minted by The Royal Mint, UK.
- Struck to a bullion finish.
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt.
- Dimensions: Diameter: 22.05mm. Thickness: 1.52mm.
This was only the second time in more than a century that a design other than Benedetto Pistrucci's iconic St. George and Dragon reverse was used on the reverse of a gold sovereign.
The gold sovereign is one of Britain’s most famous coins, the first of which was minted in 1489 by King Henry VII. Due to its long history, the sovereign is considered by many as the flagship coin of The Royal Mint.
The photographs show the type of coin you will receive, not the exact item.