The Pre-Owned 2005 UK Full Gold Sovereign features an alternative George & the Dragon design just for this year, the year of the coin also features below. The obverse bears a portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Weighs 7.98g and is struck in 22ct gold, equalling 7.32g of Fine Gold Content.
- Minted by The Royal Mint, UK.
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt.
- Struck to a bullion finish.
- Dimensions: Diameter: 22.05mm Thickness: 1.52mm.
The gold sovereign is one of Britain’s most famous coins, the first of which was minted in 1489 by King Henry VII. Due to its long history, the sovereign is considered by many to be the flagship coin of The Royal Mint.
British sovereigns have been struck both at The Royal Mint and at branch mints since 1817. The first mint outside of the UK to strike sovereigns was Sydney. The Melbourne Mint followed in 1872, then the Perth Mint in 1899, the Canadian Mint in 1908, the Bombay mint in in 1918, and the South African Mint in 1923.
The photographs show the type of coin you will receive, not the exact item.