This Pre-Owned 2023 UK Coronation Full Sovereign Gold Coin celebrates the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III. The obverse of the coin features the official crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty The King, designed by British sculptor Martin Jennings.
The reverse of the coin bears Benedetto Pistrucci's famous St George & the Dragon design, as featured on the first modern sovereigns in 1817.
- Weighs 7.98g and is struck in 22ct gold, equalling 7.32g of Fine Gold Content.
- Minted by The Royal Mint in Llantrisant, South Wales.
- Struck to a bullion finish.
- First official crowned coinage portrait of King Charles III.
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt.
- Dimensions: Diameter: 22.05mm. Thickness: 1.52mm.
The gold sovereign is one of Britain's most famous coins, and the first of which was minted in 1489 at the behest of King Henry VII. The modern Sovereign featuring Benedetto Pistrucci's 'St George and the Dragon' reverse design was first struck in 1817. Due to its long history, the UK Sovereign coin is the flagship coin of The Royal Mint. A triumph of numismatic art, many consider The Sovereign the ‘chief coin of the world’.
The images show the type of coin you will receive, not the exact item.
This coin fits the 22.5mm Coin Capsule.