The 2022 UK Tudor Beasts The Lion Of England 2oz Silver Coin features the Lion Of England; seated and holding a royal shield in its claws. The text "LION OF ENGLAND" along with the year-date, weight, and fineness also appear on the reverse.
The obverse of the coin features the fifth portrait of Queen Elizabeth II by designer Jody Clark.
- Each coin weighs 2oz and is struck in 999.9 fine silver.
- Minted by The Royal Mint in Llantrisant, South Wales.
- Fifth portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Finished to bullion standard.
- VAT and Capital Gains Tax exempt.
- Dimensions: Diameter: 38.61mm. Thickness: 6.00mm.
The Lion Of England is the first bullion coin from The Royal Mint Tudor Beasts series. This series features the 10 heraldic beasts that line the moat bridge of Hampton Court Palace. These coins celebrate Britain's Royal House of Tudor and the iconic heraldry associated with them.
These coins are sold under the second-hand margin scheme so there is no VAT for the customer to pay.