This Pre-Owned UK 2005 Sovereign Gold Proof Coin has an image of Timothy Noad's dramatic interpretation of the battle between St George and the Dragon. The obverse of the coin features Ian Rank-Broadley's elegant portrait of the Queen.
- This coin weighs 7.98g and is 22 carat gold.
- The manufacturer is The Royal Mint.
- Struck to proof quality.
- This sovereign is VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt.
- Diameter: 22.05mm. Thickness: 1.52mm.
- This coin is supplied with the original box and certificate of authenticity.
Only 12,500 2005 sovereigns were authorised for worldwide distribution.
Modern British sovereigns have been struck both at the Royal Mint and at branch mints since 1817. The first mint outside of the UK to strike sovereigns was Sydney. The Melbourne Mint followed in 1872, then the Perth Mint in 1899 the Canadian Mint in 1908 the Bombay mint in 1918, and the South African Mint in 1923.
The gold sovereign is one of Britain’s most famous coins, the first of which was minted in 1489 by King Henry VII, due to its long history it is considered by many as the flagship coin of the Royal Mint.
The photographs show the type of coin you will receive, not the exact item.